Thursday, April 14, 2011

Today's Meeting

We had a lovely meeting today. Six people attended, plus sweet little Jessica, Jamie's daughter. Bettie was the only one who worked on the assignment, which she shared with us. Her honest style of writing is intriguing.

We discussed each person's current writing project, and four of us read work. Andy read a class assignment dealing with dialog, Chaya read parts of her FINISHED NOVEL (HURRAH!), Marsha read a scene she wrote last night, and Jamie read a blog post.

Our next meeting is on April 28 at 12:30 p.m. at East-West Exchange, 100 N. Tonto St. Bring six copies of up to three pages of your latest work to receive editing suggestions. Please join us.

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed the meetings so far and am so happy I had a chance to go to that first one! I don't know what I shall read next time, since I don't have a novel or article I'm working on. It's so nice to be around like-minded people and talk books.
    And it's b-e-t-t-y, btw. lol.
    snarkandire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I was confused by your email addy. I'll change stuff. Thanks for the blog addy.

    We're so happy to have you attend. There will be days when you don't have anything to read, and that's fine. Don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete